[column grid=”2″ span=”1″]
[column grid=”2″ span=”1″]On loan from Carl Schneider.
This sensational custom speedster was originally built for a Packard dealer in Pasadena who eventually sold the car to a friend, a fellow Army Air Corp Bi plane pilot, those planes having Packard Liberty engines. The car was originally built on a 533 chassis by the Thompson Products Company, now TRW Inc.
The car was found in pieces in 1980 and was rebuilt with hydraulic brakes, a 1953 Packard engine as a 1928 engine could not be found, two spare tires added for an anticipated race, and a second tail light. The speedster has a “Thompson racing grille” deviating from the more traditional Packard grilles.
The famous, fashionable Woodlite headlamps were used, famous for their glamour and famous for not lighting the road ahead.