Malaise Daze Car Show 2019
April 27 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm$10 – $20.00
Join us this year for an even better MALAISE DAZE Car Show – be prepared to celebrate this era of cars with us for a car show during the day and a dance disco party in the night! Studio 54 themed after-party will be hosted by the ADM at 8pm!
Book your HOTEL room with a special rate block at the DoubleTree El Segundo, walking distance to the hotel.
Come see Ben Golomb, front man of Modern Time Machines, perform his song “Malaise for Days“.
Mike Frankovich will perform as “Rodney Dangerfield”.
STUDIO 54 after-party starting at 8pm!!
Friday, April 25
You may park your car in our lot overnight and be shuttled to our host hotel – Doubletree – in our 1988 Plymouth Van!
- You may park as early as 3pm at our TEXACO parking lot – 610 Lairport St. El Segundo, CA 90245
- The shuttle will run at 4pm, 4:30pm, 5pm and 5:30pm
Our Host Hotel – Doubletree – will have a Pre-Malaise Happy Hour at the bar starting at 5pm!
- You may be shuttled to the Doubletree from the museum, please know that you will not be shuttled back in the evening
- Happy Hour is from 5pm-7pm, but we will have a special space BY THE POOL to enjoy your cocktails well until midnight.
Saturday, April 26
Malaise Daze Car Show : 10am-3pm
Roll-in to the show is at 8am
- If you parked your car at the museum, the Malaise shuttle will pick you up as early as 8am from the Host Hotel – Doubletree, and will run until 10am, every 30 minutes.
- Have some unregistered Malaise friends? Day-of Registration available at $20 as well! Free for spectators
Ruby’s Food Truck will be on-site at 8am until 3pm and will be serving breakfast and lunch! (note: if you booked your hotel space at the Doubletree they provide complimentary breakfast as early as 6am!)
Awards are all people’s choice and ballots are available at the registration desk! One per person please.
Mimosas will be available for sale in our 50s Parlor at 10am until 3pm
Modern Time Machines will play two sets in our Texaco parking lot – 10:30am and 1pm!
Awards will be announced at 1:30pm!
- Best Damn Car Here
- Best Bordello Interior
- Most Likely to Lose Oil
- Strangest Thing I’ve Seen
- Best Dressed Attendee
Show ends at 3pm
Show us your best Malaise outfit!
Note: there will be no evening shuttle – please make sure to take your car with you when you leave for the day!
Studio 54 Disco Party : 8pm-11pm
MANDATORY: DRESS TO IMPRESS
Dance the night away at our Studio 54 themed party! Cash bar available as well as a live DJ and multiple disco balls
Event entry included with Malaise Daze registration – if you need to purchase more tickets there will be an admission of $10 per person available at the entrance, if you would like to purchase the tickets ahead of time you may purchase here!
Sunday, April 27
Come to the museum from 10am-3:30pm and take a ride in one of our Malaise era autos from the collection!